Housing in a new country and culture is always a scary thing. Saudi is a unique culture. Only the inhabitant of the country knows how it’s like. below are some point provided from our friend Jason. To help anyone planning to move in the city.
- It is not common for expatriates and indigenous people to live together.
- Large houses and detached villas are most common among most wealthy Arabians.
- Compounds that consist of apartment blocks are constructed very fast for foreign workers to live in.
- Some of the compounds contain a mixed Nationality and others are only one Nationality.
- It is traditional for the women not to be seen inside the house unless the persons visiting are close relatives, usually a man meets the visitors at the entrance and sits with them.
- Homes are well maintained and of high quality, usually having very spacious rooms, gardens, and patios, even most large compounds have a swimming pool.
- A garage or carport is a must do to the scorching heat causing the interior to heat up unbearably and damaging the paint, the sandstorms also can wreak havoc on that new sports car.
- Renting a 900 square meter house will cost between $700 and $1500 USD depending on the quality and location.
Also Consider while searching for housing
You could easily find house or apartment for rent through searching online if you need more offline experience visit one of the brokers that is available in the area of your interest and he will sure find you one. If you have any comments please post it below and if there are any questions Jason will be very glad to answer them.
Rent is usually paid 6 months in advance for empty locations and month by month for furnished locations.
If you have any comments please post it below and if there are any questions Jason will be very glad to answer them.